Which eligibility requirements shall the applicant meet?
- The applicant must be a Georgian citizen currently residing in Georgia.
- The applicant must have official status as a Ph.D. student at a Georgian university.
- The research proposed by the applicant should be a topic in STEM fields (Chemistry, Computer Science, Ecology and Environmental Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Biology, Interdisciplinary Studies, and any Interdisciplinary Program containing a heavy STEM component)
- The applicant must have a proficient working knowledge of English, both written and spoken. 5. The applicant must be able to travel to the United States and stay continuously to conduct research for 3 (in case of possible extension up to 24) ** consecutive months during the period of 1 September 2021– 30 October 2022.
- Have a mentor at SDSU willing to supervise the candidate’s research and studies at SDSU.
5 Applications that do not meet these eligibility requirements will not be considered for funding. _____________________________________________________________________________
** Only selected candidates (and not their spouses or any other family members) are supported by this program.