The program “Supporting STEM Research and Graduate education in Georgia” is open to all potential applicants matriculated as a graduate student at any accredited Georgian university and designed to provide them with the opportunities to:
- Identify and develop new contacts, which will promote further collaboration between Georgian and U.S. scientists.
- Explore new research approaches using the facilities of modern and well-equipped U.S. laboratories.
- Receive training on modern scientific equipment.
- Advance the grantees’ research activities and increase their exposure and visibility in the international research community.
- Continue research collaboration with newly established U.S. partners.
- Strengthen the quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Develop academic writing skills of young Georgian scholars.
- Help raise Georgian scholars’ research capacity to international standards.
- Mentor and coach Georgian scholars for publishing research papers in Georgian and Western academic peer-reviewed journals in STEM fields; participation in international conferences
- Improve scientific English proficiency of program participants.
- Expand Georgian researchers’ capacity to use quantitative and qualitative methods in STEM-related research topics, mastery in academic writing and possibly developing an analytical paper, and communicate research findings to educators, researchers, practitioners, and policy makers.
12. Develop and/or improve research library use (digital and hard copy) capabilities.